Brown Fused Alumina are fused with premium raw materials and 3500 kVA furnace. It is perfect material specifically manufactured to be used for general abrasive applications in bonded abrasive tools, and lapping and polishing processes. While aluminum oxide has lower hardness and abrasive capacity than diamond, boron carbide, and silicon carbide, it is widely used for grinding ferrous materials, finishing tough and hard materials. It is also be used as high-class refractory materials. Brown aluminum oxide is offered in macro and micro powder form, in both F and P grades.
- Extremely hard, sharp, and durable abrasive
- Angular shape and fairly high bulk density will produce a matte surface finish
- Abrasive is generally reusable many times because of its hardness and durability
- Anchor pattern creation prior to coating or bonding
- Rust, scale, or other tough contaminant removal
- Application must tolerate some metal removal
- Used for grinding and lapping as well as abrasive blasting.